Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Briggs Briggs is offline

Default percentage

I'm trying to create a table that will calculate what percentage something
increased. For example, the regular price is in cell A and the sale price is
in cell B. How can I find the percent discount using the formula function in
tables?
--
Briggs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Briggs,

You could code the formula field as:
{=(1-(B1/A1))*100 \# 0.00%}
where the Regular Price is in A1 and the Sale Price is in B1.

Note: The field brace pair (ie '{ }') for the above example is created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste them
from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Briggs" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to create a table that will calculate what percentage something
increased. For example, the regular price is in cell A and the sale price is
in cell B. How can I find the percent discount using the formula function in
tables?
--
Briggs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Briggs Briggs is offline

Thank you. I entered that forumla, but all I get is the actual text of the
formula. It doesn't calculate anything. I'll try again!
--
Briggs

"Briggs" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to create a table that will calculate what percentage something
increased. For example, the regular price is in cell A and the sale price is
in cell B. How can I find the percent discount using the formula function in
tables?
--
Briggs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Did you use Table | Formula or Ctrl+F9 to create the field? Did you then
toggle and update the field (Alt+F9, F9)?

http://word.mvps.org

"Briggs" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a table that will calculate what percentage
something
increased. For example, the regular price is in cell A and the sale
price is
in cell B. How can I find the percent discount using the formula
function in
tables?
--
Briggs

How do you merge a field as a percentage? Merge Query Mailmerge 16 February 15th 10 04:41 AM
percentage mail merge Martha Mailmerge 1 November 17th 07 08:32 PM
Percentage in form field Purplejopeg Tables 2 October 18th 07 02:22 PM
Mail Merge Percentage Mishy Mailmerge 3 December 15th 06 06:19 PM
decimal to percentage Chris G New Users 0 April 12th 05 11:41 PM