Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Yiyomakaveli Yiyomakaveli is offline

Default Style Type Char Char Car Car Char

HI!

I'm having problems when I edit documents in Word. I have predefined styles
and when I want to used them Word automatically changes the style to Char
Char Car Char. Ultimately all the styles are changing to Char 2. I tried to
eliminate this style but it doesn't appear in the Styles list.

Any hlep greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Another way to avoid breaking linked styles is to use paste unformatted text.
I assigned this macro to a keyboard shortcut:

Sub PasteText()
'
' PasteText Macro

Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End Sub

Pam

Yiyomakaveli wrote:
HI!

I'm having problems when I edit documents in Word. I have predefined styles
and when I want to used them Word automatically changes the style to Char
Char Car Char. Ultimately all the styles are changing to Char 2. I tried to
eliminate this style but it doesn't appear in the Styles list.

Any hlep greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Yiyomakaveli" wrote:
HI!

I'm having problems when I edit documents in Word. I have predefined
styles
and when I want to used them Word automatically changes the style to Char
Char Car Char. Ultimately all the styles are changing to Char 2. I tried
eliminate this style but it doesn't appear in the Styles list.

Any hlep greatly appreciated.

Also update whatever version you use, if it's not up-to-date... A lot of the
issues have been fixed.
Some of these fixes just hide the "Char Car Zchn..." style mess better, but
that's still better than nothing ;-)

Word 2007 does a pretty good job of cleaning them up if you just open and
save the document (...a solution that will obviously only work if you have
access to it somewhere).

If you don't see the style name in the style list, you could use VBA to
delete it:
-- Open the VBA editor (Alt+F11)
-- Go into the Immediate window (Strg+G)
-- Type
ActiveDocument.Styles("PutStyleNameHere").Delete
and hit Enter at the end of the line.

If the style name starts with a blank and just contains multiple "Char"
(and/or "Car" "Zchn" ... from other language versions), Word may not allow
you to delete or rename or access the style at all. For that case, Larry
found a trick: Save in XML format and re-open the document. This removes the
leading blank, and then you can delete the style.

Regards,
Klaus

carote9729 carote9729 is offline
Banned

Hyundai is the one f the best car manufacturing companies. My first car was of Hyundai and it worked so great. Again I am looking for the Hyundai car so that I can travel better and users can check VinPit homepage for quality vin check motor home. The best thing is they are working on the creativity and innovation.

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

In this blog post, we will take a brief look at the history of the guitar and how it https://justrightguitar.com/ has evolved to become the instrument we know and love today.The Early Days