Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Gary is offline

Default Continuous numbering of footnotes across sections

I have a book with chapters

In chapters I want the footnotes begin from one each chapter

In some chapters I change from portait to landscape using section breaks

How do I get the footnotes to be continuous in the chapter across three or
four sections?

TIA/gary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Recent versions of Word claim to support setting different footnote options
for different sections (the "Apply to" option in the Footnote and Endnote
dialog box), but unfortunately this doesn't work in practice. If you choose
"Continuous" numbering in one section, Word counts all of the preceding
footnotes; that is, numbering does NOT continue from the preceding section.
:-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gary" wrote in message
I have a book with chapters

In chapters I want the footnotes begin from one each chapter

In some chapters I change from portait to landscape using section breaks

How do I get the footnotes to be continuous in the chapter across three or
four sections?

TIA/gary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you can do is use continuous footnotes throughout the document or
restart the notes on each page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gary" wrote in message
I have a book with chapters

In chapters I want the footnotes begin from one each chapter

In some chapters I change from portait to landscape using section breaks

How do I get the footnotes to be continuous in the chapter across three
or
four sections?

TIA/gary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Gary is offline

The goal is to have continuous footnotes within each chapter. This works
using sections for each chapter. The problem I encountered is that within the
one chapter I need portrait and landscape and portrait pages. The only way I
know to do this is with sections. Although I start the footer number in the
dialog box it does not work. Shoudl I switch to 2007 to overcome this problem?

TIA/gary

"gary" wrote in message
I have a book with chapters

In chapters I want the footnotes begin from one each chapter

In some chapters I change from portait to landscape using section breaks

How do I get the footnotes to be continuous in the chapter across three
or
four sections?

TIA/gary

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Stefan has already said, this is not possible in current versions of
Word.

http://word.mvps.org