Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rpr.nospam rpr.nospam is offline

Default Word Equation editor 3 style define bug

On Feb 20 2009, 6:31 am, Morison
wrote:
This is a variation of many old posts but I hope this one is quite precise in
identifying the bug (though not the solution).

How many users can reproduce this in Word 2003 (SP3) or earlier?
Start with one new document. Add an equation using Equation editor 3. Copy
to get 10 versions of the same equation. Open the last equation and use the
menu Style, Define. It works fine.
Now open a new blank document, return to the first document and again open
the last equation and try the same Style, Define action. It doesn't open the
popup window for me. It also does not allow me to change the style to text,
which is what I am really after.
Any thoughts on who's bug it is? I shouldn't need to convert to MathType to
overcome a silly bug like this.

I also encountered that bug. It seems that the problem disappears if
you close all other open Word documents so that only the one where you
edit an equation remains open.

-- rpr.