Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DRP

Default period adds spaces automatically

I just set up our new computer with Word 2003 (actually Office). As of set
up, Word automatically adds two spaces after every period. This creates a
problems when I type numbers with decimals - which I need to do quite often.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is not built into Word. At a guess, someone has added it as an
AutoCorrect entry. Look for it in the list in Tools | AutoCorrect Options
and delete the entry.

"DRP" wrote in message
I just set up our new computer with Word 2003 (actually Office). As of

set
up, Word automatically adds two spaces after every period. This creates a
problems when I type numbers with decimals - which I need to do quite

often.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

I find that I can't add such an entry (e.g., .space|.spacespace) to
AutoCorrect.

Another possibility is that DRP has an add-in of some kind that's running
interference.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is not built into Word. At a guess, someone has added it as an
AutoCorrect entry. Look for it in the list in Tools | AutoCorrect Options
and delete the entry.

so
all may benefit.

"DRP" wrote in message
I just set up our new computer with Word 2003 (actually Office). As of

set
up, Word automatically adds two spaces after every period. This creates
problems when I type numbers with decimals - which I need to do quite

often.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DRP

Thanks to you both. The problem was really another program called instatext.
Switching keyboards seemed to help, but I realized in another document that
the problem was still there. Instatext had settings on auto spacing and
capitalization.

Don