Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Phil H Phil H is offline

Default Mystry Line at Top of Page

A horizontal line appears across the entire page. There is a table below the
line. I cannot figure where the line is coming form. How do I delete it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Phil H,
Maybe the line is in the header of your document? Go to View - header and
footer - delete it there. Or maybe the line has been drawn using the drawing
toolbar. If so click on the select button of the drawing toolbar (white
arrow), now try to click on the line, if you can select it just press
delete.
Could also be a border line in the paragraph, click in the paragraph
(above/beyond) the closest to the line and hit ctrl+q.
If this does not help, report back.

Luc Sanders (MVP - PowerPoint)

"Phil H" schreef in bericht
A horizontal line appears across the entire page. There is a table below
the
line. I cannot figure where the line is coming form. How do I delete it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Phil H,
My pleasure.
Luc Sanders (MVP - PowerPoint)
"Phil H" schreef in bericht
news

"luc" wrote:

Phil H,
Maybe the line is in the header of your document? Go to View - header and
footer - delete it there. Or maybe the line has been drawn using the
drawing
toolbar. If so click on the select button of the drawing toolbar (white
arrow), now try to click on the line, if you can select it just press
delete.
Could also be a border line in the paragraph, click in the paragraph
(above/beyond) the closest to the line and hit ctrl+q.
If this does not help, report back.

Luc Sanders (MVP - PowerPoint)

"Phil H" schreef in bericht
A horizontal line appears across the entire page. There is a table
below
the
line. I cannot figure where the line is coming form. How do I delete
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jitty Jitty is offline

Phil/Luc
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here? A colleague is experiencing the
same problem - a strange line across the top of the page outside the margin,
with a table on the page itself. I've tried all Luc's suggestions but none of
them have worked. Can you suggest anything else, please.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Janet

"luc" wrote:

Phil H,
Maybe the line is in the header of your document? Go to View - header and
footer - delete it there. Or maybe the line has been drawn using the drawing
toolbar. If so click on the select button of the drawing toolbar (white
arrow), now try to click on the line, if you can select it just press
delete.
Could also be a border line in the paragraph, click in the paragraph
(above/beyond) the closest to the line and hit ctrl+q.
If this does not help, report back.

Luc Sanders (MVP - PowerPoint)

"Phil H" schreef in bericht
A horizontal line appears across the entire page. There is a table below
the
line. I cannot figure where the line is coming form. How do I delete it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
whelp whelp is offline

Hi,

same problem occurred here - a mysterious line appeared on every page of a
39-page document, above the header. It does not show in Normal View, but
appears on the Print Layout&generated PDFs. It cannot be selected, not even
from the header/footer (I'm using Word 2003).
Could you offer any advice?

"luc" wrote:

Phil H,
Maybe the line is in the header of your document? Go to View - header and
footer - delete it there. Or maybe the line has been drawn using the drawing
toolbar. If so click on the select button of the drawing toolbar (white
arrow), now try to click on the line, if you can select it just press
delete.
Could also be a border line in the paragraph, click in the paragraph
(above/beyond) the closest to the line and hit ctrl+q.
If this does not help, report back.

Luc Sanders (MVP - PowerPoint)

"Phil H" schreef in bericht
A horizontal line appears across the entire page. There is a table below
the
line. I cannot figure where the line is coming form. How do I delete it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Since it's on every page, it's definitely part of the header. The fact that
you can't select it indicates that it's a paragraph border. Select the
entire header text, go to Format Borders & Shading, and select None.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm for more
info.

--
Regards,