Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nallen Nallen is offline

Default I did not get Outlook 2007 with my Office 2007 Trial Version.

If I go in and uninstall my '03 Outlook so that I am able to install the '07
Outlook will I loose all of my Outlook stuff (i.e. contacts, emails, etc)?
Do I need to push everything back into Express in order to keep all of that
info? Also, I'm using the free trial of '07 Office Small Business and don't
have a disk. Do I just need to go back to the site and re-download the free
trial in order to go to the custom install screen and get the Outlook
program?

Thanks for your help!

"Roland" wrote:

tnks susie. Knowing MS since 1985 there aint no way i am gona uninstall a
fairly good workin program to install one that is still really beta as far as
i am concerned. & yep, after readin all the negatives about outlook not
being available in 2007, i was convinced to do just what i did. Merry Xmas.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I take it you have not read the rest of this thread? You must explicitly
uninstall Outlook 2003 before Outlook 2007 becomes available.

"Roland" wrote in message
Oulook I use exclusively (not express). Downloaded Office 2007 expecting
Outlook 2007 to be part of the program (as posted by Microsoft). Not to

be.
After going thru all kinds of bells and whistles trying to get Outl00k

2007,
all to no avail, did the next best thing. Thru Control Panel/add/remove

took
Office 2007 off my system, then did a local cleanup of all the the stuff

left
my Office 2007 & back to 2003, where I will remain til MS gets off its ass
and gets it right.

"Daryl" wrote:

Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.

It is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove

Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Nallen,

MS Outlook Express is a part of Windows Internet Explorer, rather than a part of MS Office Outlook.

With any upgrade you should always back up your files before taking action, but generally, if you uninstall Outlook 2003 and, if you
have it, the Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager, restart then install Outlook 2007 you should be able to continue to use the 2003
files from Outlook.

You can change the feature set from the installed MS Office 2007 software from Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel
without need to download again, unless you deleted all of the download files (not recommended).

The only trial edition of MS Office 2007 that does not include Outlook 2007 would be the 'Home and Student' edition.

=============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Robert is offline

I followed the instructions that everyone has been leaving about uninstalling
my old version and it worked perfectly. Once I went back to 2007 setup I was
easily able to add Outlook 2007.

May I suggest to Microsoft that 2007 setup (including trial) have a window
that asks if the user would like to run the 2 versions of office side by side
or do an upgrade. upgrade should install outlook, side by side should advise
that outlook cannot run in that mode and the user will need to uninstall the
old outlook to use the new one.

"Daryl" wrote:

Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Robert is offline

I take the back. It did not work perfectly. Sure, it installed okay. But now
when I open any office 2007 program it tells me that my trial has expired!!!!
I just downloaded the program and got my key today! and i have never had the
trial before. now i can only view files in all office programs .
uninstall/reinstall did not correct the problem.

(does anyone maybe know where the system keeps track of the trial time so i
can try to manually correct it???)

"Daryl" wrote:

Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Robert

May I suggest to Microsoft that 2007 setup ...

You certainly may, but not here. These newsgroups are not generally staffed
by Microsoft people: we're all volunteers.

To send feedback to Microsoft, see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX101538731033.aspx

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Daryl" wrote:

Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katie Katie is offline

Robert: Did you ever have any luck w/ this? I've had the same prob, even
uninstalled & did a new trial, but still same thing. Anybody??