Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sussexwolf sussexwolf is offline

Default Tables in a webpage created with Word 2007

I have a website created with Word and wish to put 2 tables side by side on a
page. I can't find a way to do this as it seems you cannot have columns on a
web page. Any suggestions please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Swifty Swifty is offline

sussexwolf wrote:
I have a website created with Word and wish to put 2 tables side by side on a
page.

The classic answer is to create an outer table, with a single row and
two columns. Then put your two tables, one in each cell. You set the
outer cell to have narrow, or no borders, and no lines around the cells.
Import this HTML into Word to see the effect:

TABLE WIDTH=100% CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0
TRTD WIDTH=50%
!-- Your Left table goes here --
TABLE WIDTH=100% BORDER
TRTDLeft Col1/TDTDLeft Col2/TD/TR