Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barney Bornn Barney Bornn is offline

Default Allowing text wrap in Word 2007

I downloaded a long piece of text from the internet. It has a return
character at the end of each line. It looks like a backward P when I view
formatting marks.

I'd like to get rid of these characters so the text would wrap normally, but
Find/Replace won't do it even with the extended characters.

How can I get the text to wrap normally?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barney Bornn" wrote in message
I downloaded a long piece of text from the internet. It has a return
character at the end of each line. It looks like a backward P when I view
formatting marks.

I'd like to get rid of these characters so the text would wrap normally,
but
Find/Replace won't do it even with the extended characters.

How can I get the text to wrap normally?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barney Bornn Barney Bornn is offline

Thank you, Stefan!

I must oint out, however, that the document you referred me to is not valid
for Word 2007, which does not have Auto Format in any of the menus (at least
by default).

I went to Help and looked up Auto Format. I found a procedure for adding
the function to a toolbar. You can add either "Auto Format as you type" or
"Auto Format Immediately." I added the latter, and when I clicked the icon
it worked just as the document described.

All's well that ends well...:O)

Barney

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barney Bornn" wrote in message
I downloaded a long piece of text from the internet. It has a return
character at the end of each line. It looks like a backward P when I view
formatting marks.

I'd like to get rid of these characters so the text would wrap normally,
but
Find/Replace won't do it even with the extended characters.

How can I get the text to wrap normally?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

You are right: Although the principles of the article still apply, it hasn't
been updated for Word 2007. This is true for many articles on
http://word.mvps.org, unfortunately. It's a work in progress.