Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default How do you change the default insert key on 2007

Has any one notices that Office 2007 has elminated the insert key? Does
anyone know if/how it can be turned back on? I have a customer that their
business depends on that key.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What exactly are you expecting & what happens instead? It isn't the the
business of a program to "eliminate" a key, so I'm not sure what you mean.

In Word 2003 the Insert key (I assume you mean the one in the Navigation Key
group as opposed to the Numeric Keypad) toggles OverType editing mode On/Off
and does the same in Word 2007. However, I can't conceive of anyone's
business "depends on" toggling back & forth between Insert & OverType mode.

Is it possible that the Insert Key was previously assigned to a Macro or to
another command & the assignment hasn't been made in 2007?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/31/07 8:25 AM, in article
, "Daniel"
wrote:

Has any one notices that Office 2007 has elminated the insert key? Does
anyone know if/how it can be turned back on? I have a customer that their
business depends on that key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I presume you are referring to toggling Overtype? You can reassign the key
in Word Options in the Customize section at the bottom using the Keyboard
shortcuts button. Locate Overtype and assign the Insert key.

Additionally, you can right-click the status bar and add Overtype to the
status bar. Clicking the button will toggle between Insert and Overtype
mode.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: