Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tbl

Default Copying from Web Pages, and Pasting into Word 2000 (?)

When I copy text from my browser's display of a web page,
and then paste it to Word, Word wants to access the
Internet. Isn't everything displayed on a web page already
stored in the cache?

If I use a firewall to prevent Word from accessing the
Internet, Word will still accept the paste, but only after a
very long time (sometimes several minutes).

Anybody here who can fill me in on the reasons for all this?
-- Thanks,tbl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon

tbl wrote:
When I copy text from my browser's display of a web page,
and then paste it to Word, Word wants to access the
Internet. Isn't everything displayed on a web page already
stored in the cache?

If I use a firewall to prevent Word from accessing the
Internet, Word will still accept the paste, but only after a
very long time (sometimes several minutes).

Anybody here who can fill me in on the reasons for all this?
-- Thanks,tbl

Why not save the web page as a html document and then open it in word?