Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
White Pidgeon White Pidgeon is offline

Default I've just switched to Word 2007 from Word 2003

Would someone please tell me where to find the drawing commands?

I'm afraid I hate 2007!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"White Pidgeon" White wrote in message
Would someone please tell me where to find the drawing commands?

I'm afraid I hate 2007!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GerryB GerryB is offline

I've just switched to Word 2007 from Word 2000 and I wish I hadn't!!!

Why is Word 2007 so counter-intuitive? Simple task which were easily
accomplished by drop-down menus are now so complex and the help offered is
very poor. Simple questions lead to endless video tutors.

I hate it too.

"White Pidgeon" wrote:

Would someone please tell me where to find the drawing commands?

I'm afraid I hate 2007!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This seems to be a universal reaction to Word 2007 from power users of
previous versions. There are some aides that can ease the transition,
including the following:

Command reference:
Downloadable:
Online:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA100744321033

Search commands:
http://www.officelabs.com:80/project...s/default.aspx

Get Started Tab add-in for Word 2007:

Just be aware that general gripes in these newsgroups won't usually bring
you much help (we've all been there), but we'll be happy to try to provide
an answer to any specific question.

"White Pidgeon" wrote:

Would someone please tell me where to find the drawing commands?

I'm afraid I hate 2007!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GerryB GerryB is offline

Many thanks for your message Suzanne.

I've soldiered on with 2007 for a few months but I still hate it. I
mentioned my troubles to a friend who works in education, specializing in IT,
and his reaction was, "The last decent version was 2003"!

Do you, or anyone out there, know how I can contact Microsoft to make my
views known if, as you say, gripes in these newsgroups won't usually bring
us much help?

I would really like to persuade them to let me download and install 2003 and
use the 2007 license for it. I will happily ditch 2007.

The trouble is, with each new version of Windows, Office or other software,
the Microsoft programmers try to be that extra bit clever - too clever in my
estimation. There are a number of features in Vista (I only have it on my
laptop) which I find intensely irritating. I shudder to think what Windows 7
will bring.

Regards

Gerry Bates

"White Pidgeon" wrote:

Would someone please tell me where to find the drawing commands?

I'm afraid I hate 2007!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't know the answer to the license question, but I have an idea that MS
is very aware of users' general unhappiness with Word 2007. I have
considerable hope (perhaps even some confidence) that this will be
alleviated in Word 14.

http://word.mvps.org

"White Pidgeon" wrote:

Would someone please tell me where to find the drawing commands?

I'm afraid I hate 2007!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Also be assured that MS has a clear understanding of users' opinions of
Vista too. Win7 looks far more promising. The beta still has some teething
problems, but it is early days. I have it dual-booting on a Netbook and it
runs as well as WinXPH runs on it. All the Netbook features worked perfectly
without the need to find any drivers and the installation (from an external
USB CD drive) took 36 mins from start to finish.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"White Pidgeon" wrote:

Would someone please tell me where to find the drawing commands?

I'm afraid I hate 2007!

plumpang plumpang is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Farrell View Post
Also be assured that MS has a clear understanding of users' opinions of
Vista too. Win7 looks far more promising. The beta still has some teething
problems, but it is early days. I have it dual-booting on a Netbook and it
runs as well as WinXPH runs on it. All the Netbook features worked perfectly
without the need to find any drivers and the installation (from an external
USB CD drive) took 36 mins from start to finish.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
Same with you Terry, i used Word 2007 and not have problem.
Its run well in my XP SP2. But i still strange with word 2007..because long time used word 97-2003, so i must adapt again in word 2007