Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Keri

Default Margin trouble

I have a problem with margins that happens frequently, but not consistently.
Using File, Page Setup, I ask it to set all margins to 1.5". It gives the
message "One or more margins...." and when I select fix, it sets the bottom
margin to 2.67". I know that the margins can be dictated by the printer
driver, but the 1.5" margins works 95% of the time and the printer is always
the same. Why is this happening? What can I do to get 1.5" margins for an
8.5x11 page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The 2.67" margin is typical of a bug in the driver for certain HP LaserJets.
If you can get around the problem by restarting Word or Windows, then do
that. Otherwise, try one of the drivers from
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html