Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jen_writer jen_writer is offline

Default Border cuts off top of text

I placed a double line border around the outer edge of my table, and now the
top of the text in my header row is cut off regardless of how large I make
the cell margins. It's only when the text is aligned at the top of the cell -
if I center it, it's ok, but I don't want that. If I use a single line
border, everything is fine. Does anyone know why it's doing this? I really
like the way the double line looks and would like to be able to use it.
thanks
Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jen_writer jen_writer is offline

Ok, if I choose one of the auto table formats with a double line border, it's
ok. However, now I'm having a problem with a format style for the table. I
need to change the auto one, but when I make a new table style based on the
auto one, and try to update it to match the selection, it won't let me. I can
modify the style, but I want the header row formatted differently from the
rest of the table and I can't do this by modifying the style.