Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debi in Fort Worth Debi in Fort Worth is offline

Default change picture from portrait to landscape in document

I need to change a picture that is in a Word document from portrait to
landscape. How do I do this?
Thanks!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: change picture from portrait to landscape in document

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to change a picture from portrait to landscape in a Word document:
  1. Click on the picture to select it.
  2. Go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Rotate" drop-down menu.
  4. Select "Rotate Right 90 degrees" or "Rotate Left 90 degrees" depending on which direction you want the picture to rotate.
  5. If the picture is still not in the correct orientation, you can also select "More Rotation Options" from the "Rotate" drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Layout" tab of the "Format Picture" dialog box, select "Landscape" under "Orientation".
  7. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

And that's it! Your picture should now be in landscape orientation. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debi in Fort Worth Debi in Fort Worth is offline

To clarify my original question, I need to only convert the picture to
landscape, leaving the whole document as portrait. Thanks again...so glad I
found this site!

"Debi in Fort Worth" wrote:

I need to change a picture that is in a Word document from portrait to
landscape. How do I do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

From the Word Help topics:
Rotate an object
1.. Select the AutoShape, picture, or WordArt you want to rotate.
2.. Do one of the following:
Rotate to any angle

1.. Drag the rotate handle on the object in the direction you want to
rotate it.
2.. Click outside the object to set the rotation.
Rotate 90 degrees to the left or 90 degrees to the right

a.. On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, point to Rotate or Flip, and
then click Rotate Left or Rotate Right.
Tip

a.. To constrain the rotation of the object to 15-degree angles, hold down
SHIFT while you drag the rotate handle.
HTH
Ed

"Debi in Fort Worth" wrote in
message ...

"Debi in Fort Worth" wrote:

I need to change a picture that is in a Word document from portrait to
landscape. How do I do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debi in Fort Worth Debi in Fort Worth is offline

Thanks Ed, but both those rotated the object. I have to be able to change the
orientation from portrait to landscape, keeping the picture in it in its
upright state.I know it sounds crazy, but it's part of this test I have to
pass. I've tried Word Help and so far, nothing works.

From the Word Help topics: