Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kovster kovster is offline

Default How can I create a double space after the end of a multilevel list

I have a multilevel list. 1, a), b) 2, a), b) and so on.

I type something in 1 a) and then decide I want to move on to 2 a)

But I don't want 2 a) to appear right underneath 1 a). I don't want it to be
like this:

1 a) Text here
2 a) Text here

I want it to be like this:

1 a) Text here

2 a) Text here

Now, I know I can press enter twice and then click on the numbered list icon
in the Ribbon to make 2 begin, but I am wondering if there is a quicker way
or a useful keyboard shortcut to create a double space in between numbered
bullets.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Select the paragraphs and specify some Spacing After or Spacing before
(whichever suits you better). You will find these options in the Paragraph
group on the Page Layout tab of the ribbon (or in the Paragraph dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kovster" wrote in message
I have a multilevel list. 1, a), b) 2, a), b) and so on.

I type something in 1 a) and then decide I want to move on to 2 a)

But I don't want 2 a) to appear right underneath 1 a). I don't want it to
be
like this:

1 a) Text here
2 a) Text here

I want it to be like this:

1 a) Text here

2 a) Text here

Now, I know I can press enter twice and then click on the numbered list
icon
in the Ribbon to make 2 begin, but I am wondering if there is a quicker
way
or a useful keyboard shortcut to create a double space in between numbered
bullets.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline