Andrew

Default does anybody know how to put "fields" into a document?

I don't know if I'm even asking this correctly, but what I
want to do is to create a document for a letter, whereby
the fields for NAME, ADDRESS, CITY, ZIP

and a couple of other fields (I'm in the mortgage business"
such as DATE, $AMOUNT OF LOAN, MORTGAGE COMPANY, are
"tabbed fields" i.e. I can enter the data into the first
field, then TAB and it automatically tabs over to the next
field, where I can enter the next piece of data that I want.

i.e. I enter the NAME then TAB to the ADDRESS Field, enter
data there, then TAB to the CITY field, then TAB to the ZIP
field, then TAB to the next field, and so on. Does this
make sense? I have once worked with a document where this
was set up for me, but I don't know how to do it myself.

Can anyone help? Thanks. Please feel free to email me.

Much appreciated!
Shauna Kelly

Hi Andrew

You can certainly do what you have in mind, and it's not difficult.

See How to create a template that makes it easy for users to "fill in the
blanks", without doing any programming
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...nTheBlanks.htm

In that article, there are links to several articles by Dian Chapman that go
through the process of creating a Word form step by step.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Andrew" wrote in message
I don't know if I'm even asking this correctly, but what I
want to do is to create a document for a letter, whereby
the fields for NAME, ADDRESS, CITY, ZIP

and a couple of other fields (I'm in the mortgage business"
such as DATE, $AMOUNT OF LOAN, MORTGAGE COMPANY, are
"tabbed fields" i.e. I can enter the data into the first
field, then TAB and it automatically tabs over to the next
field, where I can enter the next piece of data that I want.

i.e. I enter the NAME then TAB to the ADDRESS Field, enter
data there, then TAB to the CITY field, then TAB to the ZIP
field, then TAB to the next field, and so on. Does this
make sense? I have once worked with a document where this
was set up for me, but I don't know how to do it myself.

Can anyone help? Thanks. Please feel free to email me.

Much appreciated!

Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,