Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Preya Preya is offline

Default Is it possible to unlock some cells in a table in a locked form

I am creating a locked form with tables to be filled out in Word, but i want
certain cells in the table to be unlocked so that an 'x' can be placed at any
point within that box. Is there a way around this? Or is there a way to make
a floating box that can be placed anywhere? Not sure if this is possible or
not, but if anyone could help me out, that would be just great!

Thanx in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UHJleWE=?=,

I am creating a locked form with tables to be filled out in Word, but i want
certain cells in the table to be unlocked so that an 'x' can be placed at any
point within that box. Is there a way around this? Or is there a way to make
a floating box that can be placed anywhere? Not sure if this is possible or
not, but if anyone could help me out, that would be just great!

You'd need to put a form field in that cell, as well. There's no way to use
anything that "floats" in a protected document, I'm afraid. But the user can use
the spacebar and ENTER key to position text within a formfield in a table cell.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Preya Preya is offline

Default Is it possible to unlock some cells in a table in a locked for

Thanks for your reponse. I had already placed the form fields in the cells,
and figured the space-bar would be the only option...but just wanted to
explore the possibilities. Anyway, thanks again.

Hi ?B?UHJleWE=?=,