Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Illya Teideman Illya Teideman is offline

Default Send to mail recipient as attachment - Lotus Notes

I'm using Lotus Notes 6.5.3. In Word the option to "Send to mail recipient as
attachment" in the file menu is missing. Do you know how to add this option?
I think it has something to do with the mail client as it is there if Outlook
is installed and used as the default mail client.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You are correct in your perception - the Email as Attachment feature is only
functional with Outlook. I believe there is also some involvement with an
Exchange Server, but don't quote me on that

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/12/07 2:55 AM, in article
, "Illya Teideman"
wrote:

I'm using Lotus Notes 6.5.3. In Word the option to "Send to mail recipient as
attachment" in the file menu is missing. Do you know how to add this option?
I think it has something to do with the mail client as it is there if Outlook
is installed and used as the default mail client.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Illya Teideman Illya Teideman is offline

Thanks Bob. I have a request to implement this in Word so if it's impossible
hopefully there is a MSKB article or something more definitive that I can
respond to the requestor with. I have yet to find it so if anyone knows feel
free to jump in at any point ; )
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless we're talking about just Word 2007 (of which I have no experience), I
don't think sending attachments is limited to Outlook. I use Outlook Express
as my mail client, and I can attach Word documents using File | Send To |
Mail Recipient (as Attachment).

.. .

wrote:

I'm using Lotus Notes 6.5.3. In Word the option to "Send to mail

recipient as
attachment" in the file menu is missing. Do you know how to add this

option?
I think it has something to do with the mail client as it is there if

Outlook
is installed and used as the default mail client.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Illya Teideman Illya Teideman is offline

Although... you could argue that outlook express is in MAPI terms very simlar
if not the same as Outlook (correct me if I'm wrong). They are certainly more
similar to each other than Outlook vs. Notes. I'm pretty sure I've seen this
on a lot of different platforms but with Lotus Notes it just doesn't want to
work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pubscout pubscout is offline

Go he
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

Follow the directions very carefully, then restart. This fix worked for me,
running XP Pro with Outlook Express and Word 2007. Good Luck.

"Illya Teideman" wrote:

I'm using Lotus Notes 6.5.3. In Word the option to "Send to mail recipient as
attachment" in the file menu is missing. Do you know how to add this option?
I think it has something to do with the mail client as it is there if Outlook
is installed and used as the default mail client.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anthony Anthony is offline

That knowledge base article ALSO works for Word (2003 and later) with Lotus
Notes 5 and later. I just tested it.