Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kMan kMan is offline

Default How can I auto scroll while I type?

How can I make Word autmatically scroll up as I type so that the line I am
typing on always stays at the center of my screen, rather than having to type
on the bottom of the screen (as the document page fills up)? Having to
manually scroll the document every couple of minutes so that I can view what
I am typing at the top or center of the screen, or even to use a macro, is a
waste of time when you type all day, every day. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's not so much an issue of where the text is as the visibility of the
text. I am one of those who suffers from having to try to type in lines that
are only half visible at the bottom of the screen, so I saved to my Inbox
the macro Greg Maxey provided the other day for scrolling up just a little.
I haven't gotten around to installing it yet, but I think it probably would
be very useful for people who do a lot of typing/data entry under these
conditions.

http://word.mvps.org

On Dec 18, 11:42 pm, Kman wrote:
How can I make Word autmatically scroll up as I type so that the line I am
typing on always stays at the center of my screen, rather than having to
type
on the bottom of the screen (as the document page fills up)? Having to
manually scroll the document every couple of minutes so that I can view
what
I am typing at the top or center of the screen, or even to use a macro, is
waste of time when you type all day, every day. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kMan kMan is offline

Your advice is useless. The problem is not monitor placement. As I said,
what I'm looking for is a way to have Word auto scroll as I type.

On Dec 18, 11:42 pm, Kman wrote:
How can I make Word autmatically scroll up as I type so that the line I am
typing on always stays at the center of my screen, rather than having to type
on the bottom of the screen (as the document page fills up)? Having to
manually scroll the document every couple of minutes so that I can view what
I am typing at the top or center of the screen, or even to use a macro, is a
waste of time when you type all day, every day. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kMan kMan is offline

Suzanne, it is exactly an issue of where the text is, NOT visibility. I want
to know how to make Word auto scroll as I type, so that I never have to type
at the bottom of the screen. And I did specifically mention that using a
macro was also a waste of time - yes, I have already tried it, and it's no
faster than grabbing the mouse and manually scrolling - either way adds up to
frustration and time waste when you type steadily for 8 to 12 hours a day.

On Dec 18, 11:42 pm, Kman wrote:
How can I make Word autmatically scroll up as I type so that the line I am
typing on always stays at the center of my screen, rather than having to
type
on the bottom of the screen (as the document page fills up)? Having to
manually scroll the document every couple of minutes so that I can view
what
I am typing at the top or center of the screen, or even to use a macro, is
waste of time when you type all day, every day. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

All I can tell you is that this is not a Word issue, as the exact same
version of Word will behave differently on different systems.

http://word.mvps.org

Auto Type smetna1 New Users 1 September 9th 08 09:15 PM
Auto-scroll is too fast Rick Microsoft Word Help 1 October 6th 06 09:05 PM
how do I slow down auto scroll in word 2003 hawkins Microsoft Word Help 0 June 8th 05 07:25 PM
Auto scroll in Word 2003 KazakhJeff Microsoft Word Help 0 May 23rd 05 08:52 AM
How do I controll the speed of auto scroll? JohnE Microsoft Word Help 1 April 22nd 05 04:51 PM