Shirley Ernewin Shirley Ernewin is offline
Junior Member

Default Highlighting won't go away

I've been working on a critical document that required input from several sources. The file closed and the recovered file 'repair' included a bookmark which I couldn't get rid of. If I clicked anywhere in the document, the bookmark put me on the title page - and all options were greyed out. After trying everything I could think of to get rid of it, I selected all and copied into a new file. That appeared to work except that now all of the highlighting I had done on the original document file - is truly embedded - I can't get rid of it! I'm an expert Word user but have never run into this - can anyone help me?
Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

Strange problem. Have you tried copying the entire content of the file into notepad and saving it as a txt file first? That will remove all unnecessary formatting. You can then open the txt file in word. Hopefully, the highlighting should disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley Ernewin View Post