Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron M Ron M is offline

Default why does date keep changing to current in saved documents

Hello everyone,
I'm using Word 2003. I've set up some templates which I use to raise
quotation documents from. One of the features I'm using is 'current date'
because I like not having to type that in on every quote. However I must have
tweaked something lately, though I can't remember exactly what I did, and now
all my saved quotes of the past few weeks are showing are showing the current
date instead of the date they were raised. I would like the date in the
templates to keep updating to current but not the dates in the 'saved as'
documents. I have templates set up for invoicing and I'm not having this
problem with them. I know I've done something stupid but I don't know what.
Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ron M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Use a CreateDate field instead of a Date field in your templates.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: