Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank 3rd Frank 3rd is offline

Default How can I remove Web Page & E-mail Message Templates from Word 200

I have remove the template tabs that list all the temolates that I'll never
use. Now I want to remove the two named above from my default Template under
"New".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Run Office Setup and clear the options. Setup will then remove the
templates. Once the templates are removed so that the sub-folders are empty,
the tabs (which are just sub-folders under the Template Folder) won't show
up.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Frank 3rd" Frank wrote in message
I have remove the template tabs that list all the temolates that I'll never
use. Now I want to remove the two named above from my default Template
under
"New".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank 3rd Frank 3rd is offline

Default How can I remove Web Page & E-mail Message Templates from Word

First of all, Thanks for your reply but I can't find the "options" in my Word
2003 setup.

I have all the template tabs in removed by marking the "Wizard and Template"
in the setup with X not available. Only 2 templates now remain in the
"Gerenal Tab" and they a Run "Web Page" and "E-mail Message." These are
the 2 I can't find anywhere in my files or hidden files to delete them. Any
more suggestions.

" wrote:

Run Office Setup and clear the options. Setup will then remove the
templates. Once the templates are removed so that the sub-folders are empty,
the tabs (which are just sub-folders under the Template Folder) won't show
up.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Frank 3rd" Frank wrote in message
I have remove the template tabs that list all the temolates that I'll never
use. Now I want to remove the two named above from my default Template
under
"New".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Frank

I have checked out an Office 2003 system now and Suzanne is correct. Those
two templates are hard coded and not removable.

Terry

" wrote:

Run Office Setup and clear the options. Setup will then remove the
templates. Once the templates are removed so that the sub-folders are
empty,
the tabs (which are just sub-folders under the Template Folder) won't
show
up.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Frank 3rd" Frank wrote in message
I have remove the template tabs that list all the temolates that I'll
never
use. Now I want to remove the two named above from my default Template
under
"New".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't think they can be removed in *any* version.

wrote in message
That may be true: it is a long time since I used W2k.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Those particular templates cannot be removed, however, I believe.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.