bigkoala

Default Wrong Table Width behaviour - Word 2003

I am editing a word (Word 2003 SP1) document and using the Insert Table icon
to create a simple table 3 columns wide by 4 rows. All OK so far. When I
start to add headings in the first (top left cell) the first column width
jumps to occupy most of the page. If I then tab to the next top dell to the
right, and enter one word it expands the width of the seond column past the
viewable edge of the page. It won't resize using drag and drop or manually
changing column widths or changing auotresize option.

I have discovered that this is caused by a Currency Tab position which I had
active in the row where I inserted the table. If I remove it it works OK.
Surely this is not correct behaviour? Does this mean that each time you
insert a table you have to remove all tabs first?

Klaus Linke

Hi bigkoala,

In a table, you don't have to insert a tab character for the decimal
(currency) tab to work.
So it's working as designed in your example... You'll have to remove the
currency tab if you don't want it.

Regards,
Klaus