Douglas Adams

Default How to always open in Normal View?

When I open a new document, I always open in Normal view.

I have several other Word documents that sometimes open in Normal view but
most often opens in Print Layout view.

How can I make Normal view the default setting for all my documents?

Thanks.

Graham Mayor

An autoopen and an autonew macro in normal.dot each containing the following
lines will ensure that your documents open in normal view regardless of the
saved view. Set the Zoom figure to your preference - here 100%

With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm. Documents
open in the view in which they were saved. You can override this with
an AutoOpen macro.

"Douglas Adams" wrote in
message ...
When I open a new document, I always open in Normal view.

I have several other Word documents that sometimes open in Normal
view but most often opens in Print Layout view.

How can I make Normal view the default setting for all my documents?

Thanks.

Anne Troy

Hi, Doug. In case you don't know what to do with that code, here's some code
and complete instructions.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=65

~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com