Caz

Default Paper size

I have a very bizarre problem with the paper size of my document. I want to
have a margin of 3.7cm on the left and 3.17cm on the right, on A4 paper. So I
did the usual of going into page setup and changing it. So far so good for
the first 5 chapters of my thesis.
Suddenly what I have is a left margin of 3.2cm and a right margin of 5.5cm
when I print out the document. What I go into page setup it tells me that the
actual right margin is still 3.17cm. I don't think so!
The basis of the problem seems to be that the width of the paper on screen
is around 3cm (24cm rather than 21cm) wider than it should be according to
the ruler at the top. In theory this should be easy to fix, but when I go
into page setup the paper size is set at A4! I have tried manually typing 21
by 27.9cm in (A4) but it makes no difference. Ditto copy and pasting into a
new document.
Please, please help!
Caz.

You're certainly not the first (and will certainly not be the last) to fall
into this pitfall. It's especially unexpected if you're not actually
tracking changes, just adding comments.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does the document contain comments or tracked changes? If so, Word is
shrinking the document and allowing a wide margin for the "balloons."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.