bridget

Default working in tables in word

How can I stop the mouse pointer turning solid and selecting the entire table
cell when I click into a table in Word 2003?
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:26:17 -0700, "bridget"
wrote:

How can I stop the mouse pointer turning solid and selecting the entire table
cell when I click into a table in Word 2003?

Just be more careful about where the cursor is when you click.

If the cursor is somewhere along the left edge of the cell, in the
space between the border and the first character, the cursor is the
thick black arrow that selects the whole cell. If it's along the top
edge of a cell in the first row, it's a downward arrow that selects
the whole column, and outside the table on the left it becomes a white
arrow that selects the whole row.

Anywhere else within the cell, the cursor is the standard I-beam that
just positions the insertion point. Watch for it as you move the mouse
to the right.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman