Tom Campione

Default Normal view does not show Header/Footer areas

Issue: When I create a new document and when in normal, or print, or web
view, the page area displayed is only the content area, excluding my header,
footer, and margin areas.

I know that headers and footers must be viewed to enter text. That is not
the issue. The very top of my page is actually the bottom of my header, and
the insertion point is placed a pixel location 0,0. With or without text in
the header, the header area is simply not shown. The same for the footer.

If I 'view' headers and footers, make no changes, and close the view, the
header & footer areas are now displayed and my insertion point is located 1"
below the top border and 1" from the left border as it should be based on the
page setup.

This is not a page setup issue. I can increase margins all the way around
to whatever I want. Still, the area displayed in normal or print view is
only the body area excluding margins.

I have deleted normal.dot completely with no difference. I have uninstalled
MS Office completely and re-installed with no difference.

Any suggestions?
Daiya Mitchell

See he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

Except Word's Normal View *never* shows headers/footers. Perhaps you meant
the Print Layout/Page Layout view which looks like a normal piece of paper?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

But note that the header and footer are never displayed in Normal or Web
Layout view, only in Print Layout view.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/