termiflyer

Default Layers, or show certain styles

Is there a way to "layer" a document, like you would in a CAD program?
Note, I'm primarily working with Word 2000.

I would like to be able to write my document and turn off certain
layers of information when I'm printing or viewing (for instance, to
keep company proprietary information out of a printed document).

I think I have seen in Word 2003 where you can "show" only certain
styles: what I'm worried about is character styles. Were they smart
enough to NOT "show" character stles that are in a "hidden" paragraph
style?

Jay Freedman

Add the Hidden font format to the styles you want to hide. When you want to
see that info, either remove the Hidden format from the style, or go to Tools
Options View and check the Hidden option.

When Word 2003 talks about hiding a style, that means you can't apply the
style, not that the text becomes hidden.

--
Jay Freedman