phillyjoe

Default "Do You Want to Save Changes" messages

I run Windows XP, and Word in Office XP. If I open a file just to read it,
make no changes at all, and then close it, I get a message asking if I want
to save changes. If I inadvertently say "yes", it changes the date of the
file, which I don't want. These are not files with macros that update the
date each time they're opened, so I don't know why I'm getting this message.
Any thoughts on getting rid of it? Thanks.
Anne Troy

Hi again, Joe. You must have inserted a date field into this document. The
date field is updating. If you can't see the field, try turning on field
shading by going to Tools--Options--View and choose Field shading: always.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com