Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joan Joan is offline

Default Every word document is locked, but I did not lock. Help

I received a Word document from a work colleague, which was locked
apparently.
Whatever happened, I now cannot open a new Word document, and all existing
documents are also locked.
I have scanned for viruses, but apparently clean. I can use all the other
office suite programs, but not Word. I have Office 2003.
If anyone can help me, I would so appreciate.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Sm9hbg==?=,

I received a Word document from a work colleague, which was locked
apparently.
Whatever happened, I now cannot open a new Word document, and all existing
documents are also locked.
I have scanned for viruses, but apparently clean. I can use all the other
office suite programs, but not Word. I have Office 2003.
If anyone can help me, I would so appreciate.

Some thoughts, since it seems no one else has any ideas...

Please quote any messages you're seeing prompt you to use the term "locked".

1. Are you sure you're not using a trial version of Word or Office? The trial
version will lock you out when the trial period is over. If you're not sure,
you can check in Help/About

2. You can try running a detect and repair from the Help menu. If something
has triggered a lock-out, this might discover and reset it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org