Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Benson Ken Benson is offline

Default Redraw screen with cursor line vertically centered

Hi All

I asked this question last week and got no answer, so either no one
understood what I was asking, or Word just absolutely has no way to do it.

I want the line my cursor is on to remain in the middle (or close to the
middle) of my display (vertically) as I move through a document. I would
settle for a command that redraws the screen with the cursor line vertically
centered, but what I would really like is to just always be editing in the
middle of the screen.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, or does anyone know a better place to
ask?

Thanks
Ken Benson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Word has no way to do it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:06:41 -0400, "Ken Benson"
wrote:

Hi All

I asked this question last week and got no answer, so either no one
understood what I was asking, or Word just absolutely has no way to do it.

I want the line my cursor is on to remain in the middle (or close to the
middle) of my display (vertically) as I move through a document. I would
settle for a command that redraws the screen with the cursor line vertically
centered, but what I would really like is to just always be editing in the
middle of the screen.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, or does anyone know a better place to
ask?

Thanks
Ken Benson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Benson Ken Benson is offline

Thanks, Jay

What I want could probably be accomplished with a script that simply pressed
the arrow key down five times and then back up five times. I don't know
anything about scripts, but this seems like it would be really easy to make,
so I guess I'll start figuring it out.

Ken Benson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Benson Ken Benson is offline

but this seems like it would be really easy to make,

It was. I just used the script recorder, so I don't think I really learned
anything about scripts, but it does about what I want so I'm happy.

Ken Benson