Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just another so and so

Default Going back from word

I have noticed on my computer that when you open Word in a browser and you
have Word open at the same time, once you click back you go to Word instead
of to the previous page.
The way to "resolve" this temporarily is to open the document in a browser,
then open Word and then click back. After doing this it seems to be OK, but
it doesn't hold forever.
Is this a known issue and is there a way of fixing it permanently?
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just another so and so

I'll re-explain. What I mean is when there is a .doc hyperlink on a web page
that I choose to open in internet explorer instaed of downloading and veiwing
in Word. The word document then opens in IE with a limited word toolbar and
some explorer buttons (including back) and the address bar. When I have
finished reading the page and want to return to the web page I opened the doc
from I can click the back button.

If I have Word already open while trying to do this, afer I click back, the
open blank document becomes the new active window. I can get back to the IE
window by selecting it from the task bar but I shouldn't have to do this.
Incidently when I do this I find that it has gone back to the previous page,
it has just changed focus from one window to another at the same time.

If I don't already have word open I can return to the web page with no
problems, IE will continue to be the active window, as it should. This issue
occurs on some computers but not on others so there must be a way of "fixing"
this.
Thanks.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Word doesn't have a "back" function because it's not a "browser".

So if you go "back" to Word, there is no "back" to go to from there.

I think you're going to be very happy with Windows Vista :-)

On 26/4/06 4:51 PM, in article
, "Just another so and so"
Just another so and
wrote:

I have noticed on my computer that when you open Word in a browser and you
have Word open at the same time, once you click back you go to Word instead
of to the previous page.
The way to "resolve" this temporarily is to open the document in a browser,
then open Word and then click back. After doing this it seems to be OK, but
it doesn't hold forever.
Is this a known issue and is there a way of fixing it permanently?
Thanks in advance.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
courtland county student courtland county student is offline

When I am researching information on the web, I would like to open a blank
word document that is visible on the same web page. I know how to decreae the
size of the word doc., but how can I place the word document on the active
browser page.