Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JH WMS JH WMS is offline

Default Ctrl/Alt/R

I believe this can be done - I want to create a "button" or an "icon" on my
toolbar so i can easily add the superscript R (Ctrl/Alt/R) to use in my
documents. Can anyone please help. Thank you so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you want the 'Registered' symbol of R in a circle ® ?
Record a macro - it should result in

Selection.TypeText Text:="® "

(though the symbol may not reproduce correctly here)

and add that macro to a toolbar button

Is this any more convenient than typing CTRL+ALT+R or using the built-in
autocorrect for (R) ? You have to take your hands from the keyboard to the
mouse, click the button and then return to the keyboard?

JH WMS wrote:
I believe this can be done - I want to create a "button" or an "icon"
on my toolbar so i can easily add the superscript R (Ctrl/Alt/R) to
use in my documents. Can anyone please help. Thank you so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Neither the keyboard shortcut nor the built-in AutoCorrect entry inserts the
registered symbol superscripted. If this is the same OP who asked this
question elsewhere, my instructions to replace the built-in AutoCorrect
entry with a "formatted" one will still work and will be a lot easier than a
macro and button.