Wanda

Default How to change X in checkbox to a check (in forms)

When inserting a checkbox field in a form template in Word 2000, the default
is an X (or cross) when clicking on the box. How do I change this to a check
or tick mark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John B

It is funny how the icon for checkmark is a tick but when you use it, it is a
cross.

Human-computer interface at work!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't.

"Wanda" wrote in message
When inserting a checkbox field in a form template in Word 2000, the

default
is an X (or cross) when clicking on the box. How do I change this to a

check
or tick mark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You can't make a tick in a forms checkbox. But that isn't the only way to
make a checkbox. There are a number of ways to create and use clickable
checkboxes in documents / templates. Some require protected or locked forms,
others do not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"John B" wrote in message
It is funny how the icon for checkmark is a tick but when you use it, it
is a
cross.

Human-computer interface at work!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't.

so
all may benefit.

"Wanda" wrote in message
When inserting a checkbox field in a form template in Word 2000, the

default
is an X (or cross) when clicking on the box. How do I change this to a

check
or tick mark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John B

Form fields are really handy if you need to extract data from your survey
forms (and can be converted to PDF forms as well). I realize you can
probably do that with activecontrol objects but forms are tidier as you can
lock the document, line it up in a table etc.

Actually I'd use Acrobat for forms rather than Word.

"John B" wrote in message
It is funny how the icon for checkmark is a tick but when you use it, it
is a
cross.

Human-computer interface at work!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't.

so
all may benefit.

"Wanda" wrote in message
When inserting a checkbox field in a form template in Word 2000, the
default
is an X (or cross) when clicking on the box. How do I change this to a
check
or tick mark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MC MC is offline