Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Param

Default Macro shortcut key & security

I have create macro command at work place. I use shortcut key (CTRL+M) to
perform the task. Save it into the doc file. Problem: macro command not
working when I press Ctrl+M at my home pc. But I check the macro, still
inside the document. Why cannot run it, because keyboard?

to enable macro, I should set security to low? must? any other way, because
worried about virus attack.

TQ
param
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi param

Param wrote:
I have create macro command at work place. I use shortcut key (CTRL+M) to
perform the task. Save it into the doc file. Problem: macro command not
working when I press Ctrl+M at my home pc. But I check the macro, still
inside the document. Why cannot run it, because keyboard?

to enable macro, I should set security to low? must? any other way, because
worried about virus attack.

Set it to medium, so each time you open up a template or document
containing VBA code, you are prompted whether you want to allow the code
or not.

OTOH, if it's your macro, you could use the Organizer (Tools | Templates
and Add-Ins, Organizer | Macro) to copy the macro to your normal.dot,
for instance.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Param

this are the command I used:
running by using keyboard (ctrl+M)
Sub printreport()
'
' printreport Macro
' Macro recorded 4/1/2006 by param
'
With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord
.LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord
End With
.Execute Pause:=False
End With
End Sub

"Param" wrote:

I have create macro command at work place. I use shortcut key (CTRL+M) to
perform the task. Save it into the doc file. Problem: macro command not
working when I press Ctrl+M at my home pc. But I check the macro, still
inside the document. Why cannot run it, because keyboard?

to enable macro, I should set security to low? must? any other way, because
worried about virus attack.

TQ
param

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

"Param" wrote:

I have create macro command at work place. I use shortcut key (CTRL+M) to
perform the task. Save it into the doc file. Problem: macro command not
working when I press Ctrl+M at my home pc. But I check the macro, still
inside the document. Why cannot run it, because keyboard?

Did you assign the keyboard shortcut on your home PC, too?

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Did you save the shortcut into your doc file as well? The default save
location is normal.dot on your work computer.

Security set to medium will be sufficient. When you open the document, you
will be alerted to the presence of macros and given the chance to enable
them (or not).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Param" wrote in message
I have create macro command at work place. I use shortcut key (CTRL+M) to
perform the task. Save it into the doc file. Problem: macro command not
working when I press Ctrl+M at my home pc. But I check the macro, still
inside the document. Why cannot run it, because keyboard?

to enable macro, I should set security to low? must? any other way,
because
worried about virus attack.

TQ
param

Macro Security ? GaijinSue Microsoft Word Help 2 March 7th 06 06:10 PM
Macro Security Dan Mailmerge 5 January 5th 06 10:37 AM
Macro Security JD Microsoft Word Help 11 April 24th 05 03:02 PM
macro security will not stay set jam Microsoft Word Help 1 April 6th 05 12:03 PM
Save As is not working due to macro security settings Craig Meritz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 03:53 AM