Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default Recent Docs list in Word 2007--limit to #s?

I have an interesting "problem" with Word 2007. In the recent docs list
(Office Button), I have 17 documents listed, some of them pinned. But only
the first nine are actually numbered. The options are for 17 documents to be
displayed, so I'm not sure why its stuck at 9. I do also have 2003 installed
(this 2007 is a trial version), so I"m not sure if it is using a
feature/option that is shared with Office 2003 or not.... You can see what
I'm talking about in this screenshot:
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ordmenumu7.jpg

--
Paul

MS Office 2007
XP Home SP3
Dell Inspiron 1501
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Nine is the limit for numbered ones because there are keyboard shortcuts to
select these (Alt+F, 1, for the first, for example). Unlike a TV remote,
where you can enter, say, "09," or enter "3" and then another number and get
first channel 3 and then, say, 35, Word has to use just the nine digits and
no more.

http://word.mvps.org

"Paul" wrote in message
I have an interesting "problem" with Word 2007. In the recent docs list
(Office Button), I have 17 documents listed, some of them pinned. But only
the first nine are actually numbered. The options are for 17 documents to
be
displayed, so I'm not sure why its stuck at 9. I do also have 2003
installed
(this 2007 is a trial version), so I"m not sure if it is using a
feature/option that is shared with Office 2003 or not.... You can see what
I'm talking about in this screenshot:
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ordmenumu7.jpg

--
Paul

MS Office 2007
XP Home SP3
Dell Inspiron 1501

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

OK--as long as I know that there isn't something wrong with my
installation--or with the program itself. It still looks a bit funny but I
can live with that.
--
Paul

MS Office 2007
XP Home SP3
Dell Inspiron 1501

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Nine is the limit for numbered ones because there are keyboard shortcuts to
select these (Alt+F, 1, for the first, for example). Unlike a TV remote,
where you can enter, say, "09," or enter "3" and then another number and get
first channel 3 and then, say, 35, Word has to use just the nine digits and
no more.

http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In earlier versions of Word, the total number of recently used documents
listed on the File menu (and the Work menu) is limited to nine for the same
reason; being able to list more than nine is a great leap forward even if
only the top nine can be accessed via keyboard shortcut.

http://word.mvps.org