Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Smith Andy Smith is offline

Default Templates

Hiya,

We have a 3rd party app that as part of document generation (data is pulled
from its SQL database), it uses a central template (.dot file) to add the
company header. If we change the company header, new documents generated have
the new information.

However, if we change the central header and open a document which was
originally created using the old header, the same changes in the central
template are not visible. Is this by design, as what happens if we have 1000s
of documents and we change our company name or email address. If an old
document is opened and emailed off it will have the wrong info!

I can't imagine MS to have been this stupid!

Thanks