Joseph N.

Default Compiling Comments

Is it possible to compile the comments spread throughout a
document? Alternatively, is it possible to convert them to
endnotes while retaining the location of the original reference?
If it helps to know the purpose, I have made several comments in a
document and would like a more orderly alternative to clicking from
one to the next, going to another document to record and elaborate,
then returning to the first document to click to the next comment,
etc. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Joseph,

Which version of Word do you have? On mine, I can go into File/Print,
select "Print to file" with a Generic/Text printer, and select to
print a list of markup. The resulting text file lists comments, and I
can edit/format it.

Other than that, you'd need a macro...

Is it possible to compile the comments spread throughout a
document? Alternatively, is it possible to convert them to
endnotes while retaining the location of the original reference?
If it helps to know the purpose, I have made several comments in a
document and would like a more orderly alternative to clicking from
one to the next, going to another document to record and elaborate,
then returning to the first document to click to the next comment,
etc. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Joseph N.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:47:01 GMT, Cindy M wrote:

select to print a list of markup

Cindy, that's exactly what I need. Thank you!

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "
Sylvia H.

What if there is no "Generic/Text printer" to select, and so you end up with
either an unopenable *.prn file (printer file -- like PostScript, but not
really) or an un-editable PDF file? (I tried this solution, and this is what
happened.)

What I really need is for Word 2002 to do what Word 2000 did so easily: I
want to select all the Comments, copy them, and paste them into my author
query e-mail (I'm an editor). I don't mind copying and pasting from the
balloons when I'm working on a short document with a dozen Comments, but I'm
not going to do it 40 or 50 times on a long one!

Can anyone help? TIA!!
garfield-n-odie

Every version of Windows comes with a "Generic/Text Only" printer driver
installed by default. If yours is missing, you can reinstall it from
Start | Control Panel | Printers | Add Printer.