Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kevinf100k kevinf100k is offline

Default Format Painter Changes Style Format

I am using the format painter to apply bulleted styles to text in a document.
I click on a paragraph with a bulleted style (Bullet1, for example) and
"paste" that style to another paragraph that I want to have the Bullet1
style. When I do the "paste" the paragraph that I "paste" the style to gets
the correct format, but the Bullet1 style changes and every other paragraph
that has the Bullet1 style changes as well.

Simple example - The Bullet1 style has a left indent of 0.45". Click format
painter and apply it to another paragraph. Now the Bullet1 style has a left
indent of 0.75"

This seems to be a new problem in Office/Word 2003. Never had these
problems in Office/Word 2000