Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marcus1957 Marcus1957 is offline

Default In a list: delete " item 3 out of 10 items" remaining stay same

In a list, I want to delete particular items such as item 3 out of 10 items.
I want the remaining items to keep their same number. Word automatically
changes the remaining items into the new numerical order. I have try turning
off the auto number but it will not stop auto numbering in an existing form.
Help please
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can convert numbers to text. Select the numbered list that you want to
convert. Then press Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G
to activate the Immediate window. Type

Selection.Range.ListFormat.ConvertNumbersToText

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Marcus1957" wrote in message
In a list, I want to delete particular items such as item 3 out of 10
items.
I want the remaining items to keep their same number. Word automatically
changes the remaining items into the new numerical order. I have try
turning
off the auto number but it will not stop auto numbering in an existing
form.
Help please

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I should have mentioned that if numbering was applied via a paragraph style,
it won't be completely gone until you have also cleared numbering from the
style (or applied a different style to text).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP