Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Vincent Steve Vincent is offline

Default Task pane docked at top by default - want it on right

Hi,

I have a user whose task pane in Word 2003 appears docked at the top when
she launches Word. She can move it and dock it on the right side of the
window, but it always defaults back to being docked at the top. Does anybody
know a solution to make her task pane default to being docked on the right
side? I have read all of the Task Pane threads, and did not see this exact
issue.

TIA,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Settings not "taking" often result from a corrupted registry entry. I'd
focus on the Data key, described he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Steve Vincent" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a user whose task pane in Word 2003 appears docked at the top when
she launches Word. She can move it and dock it on the right side of the
window, but it always defaults back to being docked at the top. Does
anybody
know a solution to make her task pane default to being docked on the right
side? I have read all of the Task Pane threads, and did not see this
exact
issue.

TIA,
Steve

Task Pane now Task Pain...? Kenneth Microsoft Word Help 2 October 12th 06 06:11 PM
Task Pane Teri Microsoft Word Help 4 September 12th 06 09:23 PM
XML Task Pane? NIKKI Microsoft Word Help 4 March 8th 06 04:35 AM
TASK PANE (or whatever it is), or is it TASK PAIN in the you know gman Page Layout 4 March 31st 05 09:44 PM
Task Pane Kevin New Users 1 March 28th 05 04:45 AM