Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gizmo Gizmo is offline

Default How to change default format in Word from normal to no spacing?

Every time I open Word 2007, a new document screen automatically chooses
Normal as the spacing. But this is bad because the lines are 1 1/2 lines
apart. I want to change to No Spacing so it looks normal. But everytime I
go into Options/advanced the only choice for default paragraph style is
Normal, which is poorly displayed. How can I change the default if there are
no more choices?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In the Home tab, you can click Change Styles - Style Set - Word 2003, and
see if that gives you what you want. If it does, then click Change Styles -
Set as Default.

If you want more control than that, try this:

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to display the Styles pane.

At the bottom, click the Manage Styles tool.

In the Manage Styles dialog, click the Set Defaults tab.

Paragraph spacing is controlled by Before, After, and Line spacing.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible