Clare

Default Retrieving word docs

I would like to retrieve a previously saved version of a word document
Herb Tyson [MVP]

If the file was recently edited by Word, choose File from Word's menu and
see if it's listed at the bottom of the menu.

Alternatively, from the Windows task bar, choose Start - Documents (or My
Documents), and see if it's listed there. If you find it, double-click to
open it.

Alternatively, from Word's menu, choose File - Open and see if the file is
there. Select it, and click Open.

Alternatively, from the Windows task bar, choose Start - Search, and see if
specifying part of the text that it contained will help you find it.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Clare" wrote in message
I would like to retrieve a previously saved version of a word document

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Unless you have backups enabled, or are using Word's Versions feature, the
version you're accessing would be the *only* version available. Check
Tools - Options - Save tab, and see if Always Create Backup Copy is enabled.
If it is, then look for files named "Backup of {original file name}.wbk". It
would be in the same folder as the original file.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com