Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lumaduc lumaduc is offline

Default Why does Word 2007 prompt for save when no changes have been made

I have created a document and am prompted to save changes even when no
changes have been made. Just opening and closing the document prompts to
save. It is not asking to save change to the normal.dot just to the file
itself. I have cleared all formating. There are no macros. I turned on
tracking to see if it would show any changes but no luck. I have even
reviewed KB816473 with no help. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lumaduc lumaduc is offline

As a follow up I started deleting objects in the document. I had inserted
boxes, arrows, brackets, and images. After deleting all the boxes, arrows
and brackets the save prompt has stopped. The images are still in the
document.
whhansen007 whhansen007 is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumaduc View Post
I have created a document and am prompted to save changes even when no
changes have been made. Just opening and closing the document prompts to
save. It is not asking to save change to the normal.dot just to the file
itself. I have cleared all formating. There are no macros. I turned on
tracking to see if it would show any changes but no luck. I have even
reviewed KB816473 with no help. Anyone have any ideas?
Here's what worked for me...
Word Options...
Trust Center...
Trust Center Settings...
Macro Settings (mine was set to: "Disable all macros with notification")
Change to "Disable all macros without notification"
OK
OK

Close document (will be asked to save one more time, SAY YES).
Should fix.
Verify: Open document, close without making changes, should not get message to save again.