Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guy

Default number of lines of text on page different for word 2003 an word 97

When I open a .doc in Word 97 that was created in Word 2003, the number of
lines of text on the page is different even though the line spacing, font
size, page size, margins, etc. are all the same. The 2003 document has more
lines of text on a page than the Word 97 version. Got any idea what's going
on?
--
Guy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

This could simply be a matter of which printer driver is selected, but there
are also a number of layout mechanisms that are available in 2003 but not in
97. You can never fully control the pagination in Word, but you could save
this document in Word 2003 with the Save option set to "Disable features
after Word 97" (which also sets compatibility options) and check out the
advice in http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TextReflow.htm and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/shar...matChange.html.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP