HT

Default Didn't save document

Windows XP
Word 2003

Ok, you've heard this before.."I was working on a document and didn't
save..is there a place Word will have my document"..

I searched for .bak and .tmp..so avail.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Doug Robbins

No, your document is gone.

Rule 1 - Save
Rule 2 - See Rule 1

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"HT" wrote in message
Windows XP
Word 2003

Ok, you've heard this before.."I was working on a document and didn't
save..is there a place Word will have my document"..

I searched for .bak and .tmp..so avail.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Beth Melton

You should be able to retrieve it from memory, that is provided it's
still in your brain's memory banks.

If you didn't save it then there is nothing to recover. There are no
temp files, since those that may have been created were deleted when
you opted to not save the changes, and a backup copy can only be
created when you save the file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"HT" wrote in message
Windows XP
Word 2003

Ok, you've heard this before.."I was working on a document and
didn't
save..is there a place Word will have my document"..

I searched for .bak and .tmp..so avail.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Anne Troy

Sorry, HT. It just means you have to retype it.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

????

"HT" wrote in message
Windows XP
Word 2003

Ok, you've heard this before.."I was working on a document and
didn't
save..is there a place Word will have my document"..

I searched for .bak and .tmp..so avail.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Beth Melton

As Anne noted, you'll have to recreate the document and hopefully
you'll be able to recall what you typed.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to get your hopes up - just a little geek
humor. :-)

~Beth Melton

????