Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Theo

Default Word has stopped saving docs

I am unable to save (or save as). After uninstalling and reinstalling Word
2003 and then the whole Office 2003 Pro, the problem persists. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Hard to suggest, without more info about the symptoms. What actually happens
when you click Save?

That said, there is a Word virus that kills the Save function. Was, anyway.
Quite a few years since I've seen or heard of it.

"Theo" wrote in message
I am unable to save (or save as). After uninstalling and reinstalling Word
2003 and then the whole Office 2003 Pro, the problem persists. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Have you activated the application? Is it a time limited demo, supplied with
your PC, that has no expired?

Theo wrote:
I am unable to save (or save as). After uninstalling and reinstalling
Word 2003 and then the whole Office 2003 Pro, the problem persists.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Theo

"Theo" wrote in message
I am unable to save (or save as). After uninstalling and reinstalling Word
2003 and then the whole Office 2003 Pro, the problem persists. Any ideas?

When I select "save" or "save as" (or do a CTRL-S) nothing happens. If I
close a document (or close out of Word) the dialogue asks if I want to save.
If I click on "save," nothing happens and I am returned to the document. I
need to "don't save" in order to get out. Periodically I get a message on
screen that says, "Microsoft Office Word: Saving the AutoRecovery file is
postponed for Document 1."

All my other programs seem to be working properly. Thanks for your reply.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Theo

Theo wrote:
I am unable to save (or save as). After uninstalling and reinstalling
Word 2003 and then the whole Office 2003 Pro, the problem persists.
Any ideas?

The program was already registered. It's legal. I've been using it over a
year. Thanks for giving this some thought.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | Macro | Macros. There should not be
any macros named FileSave or FileSaveAs. If there are, delete
them.

Theo wrote:

I am unable to save (or save as). After uninstalling and reinstalling Word
2003 and then the whole Office 2003 Pro, the problem persists. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If Garfield's solution does not fix this and you have established that there
is no virus issue, then the problems are probably associated with factors
external to Word.
Start with http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm and then
work through the trouble shooting tips at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Theo wrote:
I am unable to save (or save as). After uninstalling and
reinstalling Word 2003 and then the whole Office 2003 Pro, the
problem persists. Any ideas?

The program was already registered. It's legal. I've been using it
over a year. Thanks for giving this some thought.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Theo

Theo wrote:

I am unable to save (or save as). After uninstalling and reinstalling Word
2003 and then the whole Office 2003 Pro, the problem persists. Any ideas?

Well, I appreciate your suggestions. There are no macros with those names.
The other modules of Office 2003 Pro are operational. It's only Word which
has this problem. Makes me wonder how it could be an external problem. But
I'm open to any further suggestions. Can you think of anywhere else I could
address this issue?

Thanks again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Could the commands have been overridden via the commandbars?

If you go to Tools Customize Toolbars tab
Scroll down and select Menu Bar from the list
Click on Reset and answer OK

Does that make any difference?

--
Enjoy,