Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Christi

Default WORD FORM FIELD HELP!!!!

I am using MS Word 2003. I have created a form template with form fields.
One of the fields the user will enter in a project number is there any way I
could reuse that number withing the form without having the user typing in
the number a second time. I am looking for a way to duplicate the number so
it appears in a different location within the form without the user retyping
it a second time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Christi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Phil Rabichow

Hi Christi:
Just use a REF field.

1. If you double click the formfield that you want to repeat, a dialog box
will open. You will see a bookmark name there (e.g. Text1). If you want,
you can change it & then click OK.
2. Next, place the cursor where you want the text to repeat.
3. Press Ctrl+F9 to insert field braces.
4. Type the name of the bookmark (or you can type "REF BookmarkName", no
quotes & BookmarkName is the name of the bookmark.

If it's easier for you, in Step 3, you can go to the Insert menu & choose
Cross Reference... Then use the dropdown to select Bookmark under Reference
type, & choose the bookmark name from Step 1.
--
Hope this helps.

Phil
To assist in maintaining the thread for others who are interested, please
post any follow-up question or reply in the newsgroup and not directly to
me:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Phil Rabichow

Default WORD FORM FIELD HELP!!!! - addendum

Even better than my previous explanation, for complete instructions on repeating
text elsewhere in a document, see

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm