Poolshark

Default How do I create file folder labels in Word?

I am trying to create file folder labels in word and my second page is off.
It states that I must create a mail merge, but, I am only using one line for
my file folders. How do I get my labels to come out right on my printer?
Charles Kenyon

Try using the envelopes and labels wizard and setting the option for the
labels you are using. Create a new document with the labels and type away.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Poolshark" wrote in message
I am trying to create file folder labels in word and my second page is off.
It states that I must create a mail merge, but, I am only using one line
for
my file folders. How do I get my labels to come out right on my printer?

Peter Jamieson

Assuming you are using a lebel merge, it is important to chack that Word,
the printer driver, the printer all agree about the paper size. One thing
that seems to get in the way sometimes is the "Allow A4/Letter paper
resizing" - try unchecking it. Other than that, the only suggestion I can
make is that you try adjusting the label layout (it's just a Word table)
manually.

Peter Jamieson
"Poolshark" wrote in message
I am trying to create file folder labels in word and my second page is off.
It states that I must create a mail merge, but, I am only using one line
for
my file folders. How do I get my labels to come out right on my printer?

Poolshark

When I do what you suggested my first page is good, but the remaining pages
don't have the divider between the labels making my print pages from page two
on wrong. It doesn't put in the dividers when I hit tab.

"Poolshark" wrote in message
I am trying to create file folder labels in word and my second page
is off. It states that I must create a mail merge, but, I am only
using one line for
my file folders. How do I get my labels to come out right on my
printer?

Graham Mayor

If you are creating multi-page labels especially of this type that uses
dividers, then use mail merge to create them

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Try using the envelopes and labels wizard and setting the option
for the labels you are using. Create a new document with the
labels and type away. --

Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version
of Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide